[XeTeX] Σχετ: Re: XeTeX bugs in bidirectional typesetting

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Sun Nov 20 13:02:51 CET 2016

Apostolos,

> I would recommend against following this dangerous path. Once I asked I
> asked the luaTeX list how to load hyphenation patterns and practically
> no one knew the answer! So I think your decision is wise.

Interesting, because my experience when developing babel is
quite the opposite -- loading hyphenations patterns in luatex
was trivial, much simpler than with other engines. Anyway,
the average user shouldn't be concerned with those issues
because a higher level interface is the way to go.

> PS I think that we should not talk about luaTeX here.

Agreed.

Cheers
Javier