[XeTeX] graphite-info.tex

Andrew Cunningham lang.support at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 23:52:10 CEST 2016

ulon was the feature id in 2.8 but may not be in 3.0

Lorna if you have access to the gdl I can look to see what it should be.

Andrew

On Friday, 17 June 2016, Lorna Evans <lorna_evans at sil.org> wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I'm using XeTeX .99996 from TeX Live 2016/W32TeX.
>
> I'm using version 3.0 of the font.
>
> This command fires the feature properly:
>
> \test{Padauk/GR:1970040686=1}
>
> And none of these work:
>
> \test{Padauk:+ulon}
>
> \test{Padauk/GR:+ulon}
>
> \test{Padauk/GR:+ulon=1}
>
> \test{Padauk/GR:+ulon=True}
>
> \test{Padauk/GR:script=mymr:+ulon}
>
> \test{Padauk/GR:script=mymr:+ulon=1}
>
> \test{Padauk/GR:script=mymr:+ulon=True}
>
> Anyway, I have a workaround.
>
> Lorna

same commands as the AAT feature support, so you should be able to run the
AAT-info.tex file and just change the font names appropriately. (You'll
need to change the Mac-specific fonts it uses to annotate the output, as
well as the name of the actual target font.)

> My actual problem is that I have a font where the feature name is "Long
> U with Yayit, long UU with Hato". I'm able to access all other features
> in the font except this one. I wonder if XeTeX thinks it's too long or
> if it doesn't like the comma in the feature name. Would it concatenate
> the feature name in that case?
>

> I'm pretty sure the comma is the problem; the "micro-syntax" xetex parses
in the font name string will treat comma as separating two successive
values for the same feature name. That is, it's intended to let you say
things like:

>   \font\x = "MyFont:Ligatures=Common,Rare,Historical"
>
> as a shorthand for:
>
>   \font\x = "MyFont:Ligatures=Common;Ligatures=Rare;Ligatures=Historical"
>
> To work around this, I _think_ it also lets you specify features by ID
(like for OpenType fonts), so you should be able to do

>   \font\x = "Padauk:+ulon"
>
> as suggested by Andrew in the reply I just saw arrive. :)
>
> JK

Andrew Cunningham
lang.support at gmail.com