[XeTeX] [tex-live] Seemingly inexplicable shift in page origin between TL 2014 and TL 2016

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Fri Jul 15 02:04:03 CEST 2016

Hi again David,

On Jul 15, 2016, at 9:19 AM, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:ross.moore at mq.edu.au>> wrote:

Hi David,

There is a potential conflict with  pdfx.sty  setting the  /MediaBox .

OK, I see what is going on now.
You are allowing a colored rectangle to be drawn the size of the page,
to support coloured pages, yes?

Nothing to do with the PDF Boxes, except of course you want the sizes
to match; especially when a  \mag  is used.

what does \usepackage [nosetpagesize]{color} do?

Is there a mechanism similar to  \hypersetup  that allows the options to be changed
*after* the package has been loaded?

OK; it just sets a boolean flag.

Alternatively, can I detect whether the  pagesize  special has been done already?
Then not repeat specifying  /MediaBox  when setting the other boxes:  Bleed/Crop/Trim
which are required for PDF/X validation.

If not loaded yet, I can do  \PassOptionsToPackage{nosetpagesize}{color} .
But I’ll want to catch the case also if it is loaded.

Looks like this won’t be necessary.
The question now will be how having such colored pages affects validation.
Hopefully not at all, for PDF/X and PDF/A.

Maybe PDF/UA, according to the actual colors, but that would be a visual check not automated.

Thanks for a new code-branch to try out.

Cheers

     Ross

Dr Ross Moore

Mathematics Dept | Level 2, S2.638 AHH
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia

T: +61 2 9850 8955  |  F: +61 2 9850 8114<tel:%2B61%202%209850%209695>
M:+61 407 288 255<tel:%2B61%20409%20125%20670>  |  E: ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:rick.minter at mq.edu.au>

http://www.maths.mq.edu.au<http://mq.edu.au/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D030BE.D37A46F0]<http://mq.edu.au/>

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.<http://mq.edu.au/>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University.<http://mq.edu.au/>