[XeTeX] TECkit maps for ISO 15919 to Brahmic scripts

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:55:17 CEST 2015

Hi David,

my knowledge is not deep enough so correct me if I am wrong. Sankrit
is written originally in Devanagari. Tibetan script contains retroflex
consonants that are not used in the Tibetan language but were
introduced so that Sanskrit texts could be rewritten in the Tibetan
script in such a way that they can be transliterated back to
Devanagari. In order to be understandable by people in all parts of
India, the Sanskrit texts are written in other Brahmic scripts (I saw
the Sanskrit hyphenation patterns and they contain patterns for all
these scripts). Wouldn't it be nice demonstration to show that you can
have just one source of a Sanskrit text (Bhagavadgita, a part of Rig
Veda etc.) and just by changing the font and mapping print it in
different scripts?

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz