[XeTeX] Screenplay template

Paul Rankin hello at paulwrankin.com
Tue Oct 21 05:15:03 CEST 2014

Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com>
writes:

> I do not have time to give you a solution but I can just assist you in
> looking at the right direction. This is a task for marks. Your
> environment should set the mark either by \markright or by \markboth.
> Next you have to modify the definition of the page style so that the
> marks are used. I am not sure whether LaTeX macros can directly be
> used, maybe you would have to use directly plain TeX \topmark or
> \botmark or \firstmark. \markboth and \markright put two texts to a
> single mark, you can use \@firstoftwo and \@secondoftwo (I hope I
> remember the names well) for extraction of the required text.

Will this approach put the "CHARACTER (CONT'D)" string in the header?
I've looked into this before but a caveat I guess is that it cannot be a
header (there will be other variable information in the header).

However, I found the following on Stack Exchange, which approximates
what I'm after, but I'm not sure how to augment it for my purposes:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/63847/64528

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

I'd really like to read some good documentation on such TeX packages,
but all I've found so far are either introductions to writing documents,
which treats TeX like a markup language, or or the rather dense
documentaion on the individual packages, which treat TeX like a
programming language -- nothing to really explain how one bridges to the
other.

Thanks for your time.

--
Paul W. Rankin