[XeTeX] embedding PDF, 1.4 vs. 1.5

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Tue Jun 17 17:38:58 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-17 11:31, maxwell wrote:
> Late last year, I ran into a problem in which I could embed a PDF
> v1.4, but not v1.5 (I have not tried this with newer versions of PDFs,
> which are now up to 1.7).  The problem and its work-around are
> described here:
>    http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/xetex/2012-October/023677.html
> also
>    http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2012-December/023869.html

The above work around involved a double conversion using pdf2ps, from
PDF to PS and back again to PDF.  If you happen to own a copy of Adobe
Acrobat, Chris Green ran into another way to do it, documented here:
     http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=9869
I don't know whether there are quality differences using these two
routes.

    Mike Maxwell