[XeTeX] Problem with includegraphics of pdf file version 1.5 which was fixed when converting to version 1.4

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Tue Dec 11 20:44:48 CET 2012

On 12/11/2012 2:02 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> If you can re-compile and you're using pdflatex try using the pdf14 package which will create pdf 1.4 output. I'm not sure it works with latex or xelatex.

Unfortunately, the PDF was produced by some Adobe program, so I can't recompile it.

Fortunately, I discovered a work-around:
    pdf2ps Bad.pdf Good.ps
    pdf2ps Good.ps Good.pdf
Apparently the round-trip strips out whatever the offending structures are.
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
	"My definition of an interesting universe is
	one that has the capacity to study itself."
         --Stephen Eastmond