[XeTeX] FakeBold vs TikZ

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 23:24:58 CEST 2014

> Dnia 2014-06-16, pon o godzinie 06:34 -0500, Herbert Schulz pisze:
>

> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > I'm using TeX Live 2014 (from the pretest) on a Mac and don't see that
> black dot (unless it's awfully small). Could it be something that has to do
> with your PDF Viewer?
> > >
> > > Good Luck,
> > >
> > > Herb Schulz
> > > (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
> >
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Just compiled the document under TeX Live 2013 (all updates till the
> freeze) and still no dot. Besides the Apple PDF framework (using TeXShop
> and Preview) I also viewed in Adobe Reader and no do in any case shows up.
> >
> > Good Luck,
> >

> Then it's quite possible that the issue is Linux specific and it has not
> been fixed in TL14. Bad luck. :-(
>
> I'm attaching a PDF generated on TL13 on Ubuntu.  Can you see the dot in
> the Mac PDF viewer?

I have just tried your file on my Fedora 18 on x86_64 with TeX Live from
TUG. If I try TeX Live 2013, everything is right, I do not get the dot, the
same with TeX Live 2014 pretest. I get the black dot with TeX Live 2012,
2011, 2010 but 2009 and 2008 are right again. The file does not work in
2007 and I do not have older versions installed.

> Best,
> M.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/