[XeTeX] Hyphenation around „ß“

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jan 27 11:38:55 CET 2014

Am Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:23:02 +0000 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

>> So this probably means that the code at the end of xelatex.ini which
>> resets catcodes and lccode/uccodes etc should move to the begin of
>> hyphen.cfg so that the correct codes are active when the patterns
>> are read.
>
> That sounds right, I think. Or maybe this can be fixed within the
> hyph-utf8 code somewhere.

It works fine if one load e.g. in loadhyph-de-1901.tex
unicode-letters before loading the patterns:

   \input unicode-letters
   \input hyph-de-1901.tex

But it seems a bit silly to load unicode-letters in every language
file. It's imho more sensible to do it in hyphen.cfg before the
language files are read.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/