[XeTeX] avagraha+anusvara ligature in devanagari

Yves Codet yves.codet at sfr.fr
Wed Aug 27 11:18:51 CEST 2014

I know this rule :) But avagraha doesn't stand for any sound, it only
marks elision (or contraction) and can be omitted, that's why it can't
bear anuswâra, which would explain why fonts don't have any rule to
place an anuswâra over an avagraha. If you have John Smith's
electronic edition of the Mahâbhârata, you will easily find several
occurences of the particular case you're dealing with, for instance:

01058049a अथ ते सर्वशोंऽशैः
स्वैर्गन्तुं भूमिं
कृतक्षणाः