[XeTeX] Malayalam typesetting using XeLaTeX assigning a key to acharacter

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Nov 15 18:33:42 CET 2013

On Nov 15, 2013, at 11:23 AM, NMPOST7 <nmpost7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/11/2013 18:13, John Was wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> There seems to be a port of Autohotkey that may allow you to tweak your keyboard
>> to achieve this.  See e.g.
>>
>> http://blog.10minutesoftech.com/app-of-the-week/2012-10-03-autohotkey/
>>

> Thank you, but could see what I could use. A link I tried was a dead one.
>
> I am assuming that there is an easier way to assign a code to a key.
>
> BR
> suren

Howdy,

If you want the key binding you choose to be system wide (well, for your login) it is possible to create a Keybindings file with your chosen key binding. Download Keybindings.zip from my download site, <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10932738/index.html>, for a sample file and other information. Don't know if VIM actually uses the OS X input framework though; TeXShop does.

PS: Are you sure that it's TeXShop (actually the OS) that added that invisible character in that \textbf command? I've never heard of that before and OS X likes Unicode.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)