[XeTeX] Malayalam typesetting using XeLaTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Nov 14 12:08:05 CET 2013

Am 14.11.2013 um 11:22 schrieb Zdenek Wagner:

> I always set the paper size in the document via my zwpagelayout
> package, alternatively the geometry package can also be used.

That much effort every time is not necessary. And it may fail to achieve the desired effect…

The default set by tlmgr is a substitute for

	\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

or such. Without the a4paper option the document would be set for letter size paper. When you later use your package or geometry then you cannot guarantee that every package loaded (afterwards) gets informed that it is working on a differently sized sheet of paper.

Using tlmgr to set a default paper size for your LaTeX documents frees you a lot.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.