[XeTeX] Malayalam typesetting using XeLaTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 00:45:57 CET 2013

2013/11/14 NMPOST7 <nmpost7 at gmail.com>:
> On 14/11/2013 00:33, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>> Is this right? I do not know malayalam.
>>
> Apologies! I did not mean that, I meant that I did not think about using the
> numerals directly in the document! Did not mean to cause a misunderstanding!
>
> I shall have a look at the attachments

Never mind. Arthur Reutenauer hopefully reads this list. If you prove
correctness, he will add it to polyglossia. It was a matter of a few
seconds for me.

You can look at this sample:
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz/ArunakashKaRasta/ (page available in
Czech, Hindi and in brief in English)

Using the described trick I can typeset a bilingual document with even
pages in Hindi and odd pages in Czech. The Hindi pages have
automatically Devanagari numerals both as page numbers and in the
table of contents.

> BR
> suren

Zdeněk Wagner