[XeTeX] Bug or design flaw in Polyglossia 2012/04/29 v1.2.1

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 30 23:20:45 CET 2013

On Mar 30, 2013, at 5:13 PM, Ian-Mathew Hornburg <imhornburg at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/3/30 Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>:
>> Strangely enough, I just downloaded and installed Rachana.ttf (Font Book gives the version as Rachana:05;Revision:0.100) and I get the missing information.
>
> Heya, Herb. I’ve got the same version, and mine’s displaying those
> numbers and punctuation fine with the OpenType shaper. The font
> definitely contains those glyphs. Have you tried removing any language
> specification or other things beyond the Script feature from the
> fontspec definition?
>
> And’re you using OpenType or AAT rendering? FontForge seems to suggest
> Rachana’s got both tables. Don’t have access to a Mac here, though.

Howdy,

I'm just using the tex file provided by Peter which gives him problems. I'm on Mac using OS X 10.8.3 and the test version of xetex (Version 3.1415926-2.5-0.9999.2 (TeX Live 2013/dev)). Have to admit I know essentially nothing about using polyglossia, etc.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)