[XeTeX] Fwd: Telugu typesetting

bhutex bhutex at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 11:36:19 CEST 2013

Hmm!

I worked with XelaTex and Telugu on Windows platform long back - for
testing. There is no problem with pothana2000 font. It was alright. But
some other open type Telugu fonts didn't come out well - they are produced
by C-DAC.

Tikkana, Vemana are well supported.

I used telugu (input) - telugu (output).

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 08:06:09AM +0200, Kess Vargavind wrote:
> > 2013/6/17 Andrew Cunningham <lang.support at gmail.com>
> >
> > > Is there documentation available that lists which zcripfs are
> supportsd,
> > > or is it a case of just testing to se if various scripts work?
> > >

> > Yes, there is the fontspec documentation.
> >
> > For instance tables 13 and 14 on pages 34–35 in the v2.3c documentation
> > lists which scripts and languages are available with fontspec.
> > http://www.ctan.org/pkg/fontspec
> > http://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/fontspec/fontspec.pdf
>
> If the script or language you want is not there and you know its
> OpenType tag, you can add it using \newfontscript and \newfontlanguage.
>
> Regards,
> Khaled

Happy (La)TeXing
The BHU TeX Group