[XeTeX] arabxetex and transliteration

heer heer at u.washington.edu
Mon Nov 12 23:15:47 CET 2012

Dear Anas Ghrab,

 	Thank you very much for your suggestion for Arabic verses.  I
will try out your code.  In the meantime I've attached a plain TeX file
containing Klaus Lagally's original macros for typesetting Arabic verses.
They were included in his verses.sty macro in later versions of ArabTeX.
It would be very nice to be able to use his verses.sty in ArabXeTeX.

 	And let me say also that I was very impressed with your Ph.D.
dissertation.  I downloaded it and saved it on a cd.  When I was much
younger I was fascinated by Middle Eastern music.  I was a great fan of
Umm Kulthum back in the fifties and sixties.  Is the original .tex file of
your dissertation available for download?  I'd love to use it as a sample
of an ArabXeTeX file.  Or maybe you have other ArabXeTeX files you could
send me as samples.

Sincerely yours,
Nicholas Heer