[XeTeX] Smart quotes, xelatex texlive 2011

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon May 21 15:43:38 CEST 2012

Am 21.05.2012 um 15:05 schrieb Anakreon:

> From suggestions I found on the Internet, a minimal example demonstrating the problem is the following:

Try it in a sensible order:

	\documentclass[twoside,a4paper, 12pt]{article}
	\usepackage{fontspec}
	\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text,Ligatures=TeX}
	\setmainfont{Times New Roman}
	\newfontfamily\greekfont[Script=Greek]{Times New Roman}
	\usepackage{polyglossia}
	\setdefaultlanguage{greek}
	\setotherlanguage{english}
	\begin{document}
	Outside ``english'' environment --

	\begin{english}
	``Quotes'' -- inside english environment
	\end{english}

	\begin{greek}
	  ``Ελληνικό'' -- περιβάλλον
	\end{greek}

	``Ελληνικά''
	\end{document}

The \defaultfontfeatures{} need to come first. They have to exist when you define the fonts.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Never be led astray onto the path of virtue