[XeTeX] Help with XeTeX/ConTeXT and CTL

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 21:17:58 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I am also unable to turn on the Tamil features on -- am I doing
>> something wrong in specifying the features?
>
> Yes; you need a semicolon to separate multiple features, not an ampersand.
> So try
>
> \font\krishnaalt="Krishna Tamil/GR:Classical=True;Pulli=Ring" at 12 pt
>
> and see if that works better.

Nope, I tried "Krishna Tamil/GR:classical=true;pullishape=ring" (the
name of the second feature was actually pullishape, and are these
things case-sensitive?). However there is still no effect.

> I haven't tried to reproduce this (I'm not at the right computer just now),

Would appreciate it if you could look into the feature thing when you can.

> but I can easily believe there could be a bug that affects SMP codepoints in
> xetex/graphite. I wouldn't be surprised if you're the first person to try
> that...

Heh probably -- but see my later posts. Seems there's no intrinsic bug
with SMP/XeTeX/Graphite, but something going wrong in reading the font
tables or such. When there are OT tables, Gr renders right!

> If you use the Adinatha font *without* the /GR modifier, so that xetex will
> render via ICU/OpenType, does it successfully generate a PDF with the
> expected glyphs for the Brahmi characters (but without any of the shaping
> from the graphite rules, of course)?

That's right. Right now (with the font with Gr+OT tables) If I use it
without /GR there is no rendering but if I use /GR there is correct
rendering.

Thanks for your continued support, you people are great! :-)

--
Shriramana Sharma