[XeTeX] How do mapping files affect hyphenation?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Feb 24 15:25:37 CET 2012

> It should be so.

  I agree with that, that’s the most sensible behaviour.  What Ulrike
needs are hyphenation patterns suited to the particular transliteration
scheme she’s using.  Depending on the transliteration, the patterns for
other Slavonic languages could be useful; for ISO 9, I expect that Czech
or Slovak patterns would actually give a good result.  But if it’s a
scheme that uses things like “sh” and “zh” for ‘ш’ and ‘ж’, there really
needs to be special rules for these clusters (I expect that Czech
patterns would break between ‘z’ and ‘h’ in most cases!).

	Arthur