[XeTeX] Windows views XeTeX PDF with bad font size

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Sat Feb 18 17:00:16 CET 2012

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> If you're in a position to edit the font such that it has a 1000-unit em
> square, this may resolve the incompatibility.

It *is* a font with a non-1000-unit em, so that's probably the issue and
editing the font is probably the right solution.  It bothers me, because
non-1000 values ought to be supported, but even if I and this one user can
change our software, I need the font (which I'm designing) to work for
other users both generating and viewing documents, and I can't expect the
whole world to change software versions when there's a large installed
base of viewers and XeTeX versions that don't work with non-1000 values.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.