[XeTeX] Problem with Unicode 01F01B

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Tue Dec 18 17:59:34 CET 2012

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> For a couple of releases now, XeTeX will always put the absolute path
> of the font in the XDV to avoid the recurrent problem with XeTeX and

Does this make XDV files non-portable?  It may be that getting the correct
font, in the usual case of the XDV being generated and used immediately
through a pipe on the same machine, is important enough that this is the
Right Thing to do.  But I am currently generating and using XDV files in
separate steps on a single machine, and it's not hard to imagine someone
wanting to do those in separate steps on separate machines.
Device-independent files are no longer device-independent if they're tied
to one host's filesystem.

--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.