[XeTeX] [luatex] Info on direction primitives/implementation

Vafa Khalighi vkhalighi at icloud.com
Wed Dec 5 01:53:48 CET 2012

The point about specials is one I
> guess I'll look at by reading the bidi code and doing some tests.

bidi package does not patch \special. It only make changes in packages like color, xcolor and hyperrref, etc. And this makes them work in a very limited case. For example, if you use color package in RTL with bidi package, color works correctly only if your colored text stays on one line.

> As you might guess, my interest here steams from some LaTeX3
> discussions, and one issue I'm trying to understand is whether the
> TeX--XeT approach is really one that is sensible to try to support,
> given the fact that the Omega approach exists.

My advice: do not waste time on TeX--XeT; it's useless. I have spent four years developing bidi package using TeX--XeT and I can tell you that it has many bugs/limitations.