[XeTeX] polyglossia and french

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Sun Sep 25 11:53:24 CEST 2011

> I have received a private mail from François Charette saying that he
> no longer has time to maintain polyglossia and he offered the package
> to others to become maintainers. I myself will not have any time tilll
> the end of this year and moreover do not know git and have no time to
> learn it. If someone is able to clone it, migrate it to subversion (or
> cvs) and become a new maintainer, i will actively join the team of
> developers in January 2012.

On the other hand, I intend to provide a XeTeX back-end for babel
in short. I've made some tests and I was able to typeset a document
in Russian with babel and a few additional macros. I presume I'll
start working by November.

Not that I like babel, but it's what most users want and what most
TUGs support.

Javier