[XeTeX] Compatibility issues with ednotes and pstricks or TikZ

VAFA KHALIGHI vafaklg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:09:43 CEST 2011

> For how long have bidi and ednotes been incompatible? François Charette ,
> who maintains arabxetex and works on polyglossia, wrote an example file
> showing how to use arabxetex + bidi with ednotes to produce critical
> editions, so I assumed there would be some effort to keep the packages
> compatible.

Well, certainly bidi can not support every single package on CTAN, one would
need unlimited resources to be able to do that. bidi itself is now too big,
it supports around 100 packages. Unfortunately the concept is misunderstood,
it is not the duty of bidi package to add support for other packages but
other packages themselves have to add bidi support. bidi should only support
standard LaTeX and considering this, I have done heaps more than I ought to
do. So it makes sense if you contact the author of ednotes package and ask
him for bidi support in his package.