[XeTeX] zero width joined character

Jens Bakker jbakker at uni-bonn.de
Wed Nov 16 13:08:26 CET 2011

Dear Vafa Khalighi and Petr Tomasek,

Thank you very much for your instructive and detailed answers. Strangely enough, entering ZWJ with the keyboard, as Vafa has suggested, does not work with my persian keyboard which is the one which comes with Mac OS 10.6.8 (I am not able to bring to light if it is really ISIRI–2901). Thank you very much for sending the image of the keyboard.
So I have just defined I new command, as Petr has proposed, but with a LaTeX command:

\newcommand{\ض}{\char"200D}

And that seems to work well.

Thanks a lot and with best wishes,
Jens Bakker