[XeTeX] Character Variants

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Sun Mar 27 22:07:53 CEST 2011

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> U+8FBB exists in this and quite a few other fonts, but which font has U+E0100?
> (And since this character is outside the BMP, the Basic Multilingual Pane, it
> won't be some usual font.)

U+E0100 is not a graphic character in itself, but a "variation selector"
specifying an alternate form for the preceding character; it behaves a
little bit like a combining character.  What I don't know is how that's
supposed to be implemented - whether it is done by the font with glyph
substitution, or by some other mechanism that requires support from the
rendering engine.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.