[XeTeX] Problem with ocrb10.otf ligature 'fi'

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 13 13:45:27 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-13 13:34, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 12.06.2011 um 22:26 schrieb Pander:
>
>> I have discovered a problem with ocrb10.otf the ligatures are not workig
>> correctly in xelatex.
>

> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/ocr-b-outline/ocrb10.otf
> *of course* does not have the f* ligatures. (You can check this easily
> in some text editor, no ttx of fonttools necessary.)

So what ttx is reporting below if of no use or erroneous? Because these
ligature refer to glyphs that don't exist and causes the reported error.
Would this be a bug report for ttx or for the maintainer of the font?
for ttx it could be an option to not report references to glyph of which
the glyph itself is not existing.

  <GSUB>
    <Version value="1.0"/>
    <ScriptList>
      <!-- ScriptCount=1 -->
      <ScriptRecord index="0">
        <ScriptTag value="latn"/>
        <Script>
          <DefaultLangSys>
            <ReqFeatureIndex value="65535"/>
            <!-- FeatureCount=1 -->
            <FeatureIndex index="0" value="0"/>
          </DefaultLangSys>
          <!-- LangSysCount=0 -->
        </Script>
      </ScriptRecord>
    </ScriptList>
    <FeatureList>
      <!-- FeatureCount=1 -->
      <FeatureRecord index="0">
        <FeatureTag value="liga"/>
        <Feature>
          <!-- LookupCount=1 -->
          <LookupListIndex index="0" value="0"/>
        </Feature>
      </FeatureRecord>
    </FeatureList>
    <LookupList>
      <!-- LookupCount=1 -->
      <Lookup index="0">
        <LookupType value="4"/>
        <LookupFlag value="0"/>
        <!-- SubTableCount=1 -->
        <LigatureSubst index="0" Format="1">
          <LigatureSet glyph="f">
            <Ligature components="f,l" glyph="ffl"/>
            <Ligature components="f,i" glyph="ffi"/>
            <Ligature components="l" glyph="fl"/>
            <Ligature components="i" glyph="fi"/>
            <Ligature components="f" glyph="ff"/>
          </LigatureSet>