[XeTeX] Customizing footnote markers

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Jun 5 18:10:11 CEST 2011

Alessandro Ceschini wrote:
> I'm sorry, Phillip, the problem is that I don't know much about the
> \makeatletter programming environment. I just deal with normal Latex
> commands, so that's really Arabic for me. The only thing I can tell you
> is I get loads of warning messages like this:
>
> Overfull \hbox (381.70668pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 641--641
> [][]\EU1/GaramondPremierPro(0)/m/n/10 67. []MIDALI|
> [43]
>
> And no indentation to be seen, actually numbers have all but disappeared
> and the text appears to be cut.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about the \makeatletter nonsense; it really
isn't at the heart of your problem.  If you are getting an \hbox that is
overfull
by over 381pt (5.27"), the numbers have all but disappeared, and the text
appears to be cut, then John Was's suggestion that an indentation of ten
inches might not have been what you intended may well be the cause.

Post your source (or put it on a web server and post the URL) and someone
will without doubt come to your aid.

Philip Taylor