[XeTeX] Drop-shadows with outline fonts in XeTeX ?

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jun 2 00:34:41 CEST 2011

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 23:48, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>
>> Wow, thank you Mojca : pretty impressive !  Would I be right
>> in guessing that your example is coded in ConTeXt ?
>>
> Yes, but that is only because I have no idea how to change color in a
> loop in XeTeX, I didn't want to fiddle with latex/plain tex packages,
> it was easier to use metapost than kerning and raising boxes ... and
> simply because it was easier for me to do it that way.
>
> But achieving the same in plain XeTeX should not be a problem. The
> main question is whether that gives you satisfactory results when
> printing on huge poster.

Indeed.  And with a production run of exactly one, that doesn't
give us much room for experiment !  Anyhow, I shall experiment :
the Paintshop Pro proofs are already on their way to the sign maker,
and I await his feedback as to whether they will produce acceptable
results or whether I will have to re-do the whole thing using scalable
embedded fonts.

** Phil.