[XeTeX] xdv2pdf vs xdvipdfmx

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 29 14:30:00 CET 2011

On Jan 29, 2011, at 4:00 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

>> (Starting with 10.5, Mac OS X provides a font-from-file function.
>> A test code does work under my 10.6.)
>
> How does this work? Can you show an example?
>
> Best wishes,
> Will

Howdy,

I'm interested in this too.

I do know that I've added fonts to Font Book (I believe anything that appears in Font Book is active in the system (at least for that user) and available to XeTeX---although it is certainly possible that XeTeX can't use them all) by creating a new Library and pointing it to the folder I want to add. I've done this with the directories with otf fonts in the TeX Live distribution on my system and it works fine. IF there are any changes in those folders you need to open Font Book so it can check those fonts.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)