[XeTeX] strande behavior of Linux Libertine fonts with optio Fractions=On

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Thu Jan 13 18:39:29 CET 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:44:31 -0600 (CST)
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

> Fr. Michael said that Latin Modern Roman and Junicode don't have this
> effect, and that's very interesting because I thought (for the reasons
> described) that it was impossible to avoid at the level of OpenType
> substitution.

As far as I can see, Junicode just substitutes precomposed vulgar
fractions instead of corresponding 3-character sequences. Naturally,
this method doesn't have side effects like turning arbitrary numbers
into superscripts, but, of course, it allows to support only a limited
number of combinations. For this reason this is not the recommended
way of implementing the 'frac' feature: the preferred one is exactly
what Linux Libertine does.

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty