[XeTeX] Unicode-named macros in XeTeX

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Jan 13 16:01:01 CET 2011

> Can't help with the "How to type one"

  That's not what Bogdan means with “to generate”; he means to actually
insert the character in the text stream, since one might worry that when
typing a character actually calls a macro that is supposed to insert
that same character into the text, the macro would be called
recursively.  A legitimate concern; but fortunately that doesn't happen.

>        Let us pretend (for the purposes of this e-mail) that | is
> the Unicode em-dash (it's actually a solidus here : I hope it is
> also one when it arrives).

  Do you call the vertical bar a solidus?  In Unicode that's how the
slash is called (/).

	Arthur