[XeTeX] strande behavior of Linux Libertine fonts with optio Fractions=On

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Thu Jan 13 15:11:39 CET 2011

� wrote:

> Bonjour

Bonjour François

> Who can explain (and correct if possible) this strange behaviour of the
> Linux Libertine fonts if you add the option "Fractions=On"

AFAICT, this is a font issue. Curiously, other fonts render all the
numbers as superscripts and when you add ``/'' between them, you get the
fraction. This works with Minion Pro, Myriad Pro, Garamond Premier Pro
--- but with fonts like Junicode and Latin Modern Roman (the otf font),
you'll get *none* of the numbers superscript, but after adding the ``/''
you'll get the fraction. Different types of defaults, I guess ...?

HTH.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma