[XeTeX] Trouble with the new Xetex

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Aug 14 11:21:27 CEST 2011

Am Sat, 13 Aug 2011 19:56:33 +0200 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

>> My guess is that it used to use the combining diacritic with the y,
>> and now it only looks for the precomposed character. I'm not sure how
>> you'd go about solving your problem though.

> I don't know the details, but I also think that one package A (maybe
> fontspec or xltxtra?) now loads the other package B (maybe xunicode?)
> automatically.

> Most probably xunicode tries to use the proper accent even if you use
> \=, but I have no idea how to fix that in XeLaTeX. If you were using
> proper letter ȳ, you could just make that letter active and redefine
> it to create a composite character.

> Maybe xunicode has some sequence to revert its magic?

It has. But I didn't see previously the error message ("** ERROR **
Invalid glyph index (gid 1329)") in this context and the only
"proof" for the claim that the source of the problem is the \=y is a
log-file of a 70 page document.

Without a small complete ("minimal") example it is impossible to
investigate in a sensible way.

--
Ulrike Fischer