[XeTeX] Trouble with the new Xetex

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 19:56:33 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 19:33, Andy Lin wrote:
> My guess is that it used to use the combining diacritic with the y,
> and now it only looks for the precomposed character. I'm not sure how
> you'd go about solving your problem though.

I don't know the details, but I also think that one package A (maybe
fontspec or xltxtra?) now loads the other package B (maybe xunicode?)
automatically.

Most probably xunicode tries to use the proper accent even if you use
\=, but I have no idea how to fix that in XeLaTeX. If you were using
proper letter ȳ, you could just make that letter active and redefine
it to create a composite character.

Maybe xunicode has some sequence to revert its magic?

Mojca