[XeTeX] font licenses and embedding

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sat Sep 25 12:32:25 CEST 2010

> Now that you mention it, it might be--I didn't pay attention to the date
> below.  I think the Unicode Devanagari block is pretty old, but it might
> not be that old.

  Of course it's older, it was already in Unicode 1.1 in 1993 (the
version of Unicode that was unified with ISO 10646) -- and most likely
in Unicode 1.0 in 1991, but I don't have access to that.  Devanagari is
one of the most important scripts in the world, it was there from the
beginning.

  Not that this says anything about your font, obviously.  What the date
*does* say about the font, though, is that it's most likely simple
TrueType, not OpenType, as OpenType was still in limbo at this time.

	Arthur