[XeTeX] font licenses and embedding

Ujjwol Lamichhane ujjwollamichhane at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 18:00:48 CEST 2010

Guys! I have access to that font(DV-TTSurekh-Normal). As far as I know it is
said that font is made in 1996-97. And it in no way a Unicode OpenType Font.
It is an ASCII hack font for Devanagari. The Devanagari glyph are draw in
latin names. So, for example when you type a you will get क as glyph of a.
So just telling fontspec the font name will not work of that font as I know.

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Arthur Reutenauer <
arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:

> > Now that you mention it, it might be--I didn't pay attention to the date
> > below.  I think the Unicode Devanagari block is pretty old, but it might
> > not be that old.
>
>   Of course it's older, it was already in Unicode 1.1 in 1993 (the
> version of Unicode that was unified with ISO 10646) -- and most likely
> in Unicode 1.0 in 1991, but I don't have access to that.  Devanagari is
> one of the most important scripts in the world, it was there from the
> beginning.
>
>  Not that this says anything about your font, obviously.  What the date
> *does* say about the font, though, is that it's most likely simple
> TrueType, not OpenType, as OpenType was still in limbo at this time.
>
>        Arthur

Ujjwol Lamichhane
http://ujjwol.com.np/