[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation "initiative"

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Sep 13 04:37:25 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:28:41PM -0400, Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> On 09/12/2010 04:22 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
> > OpenType Math is by itself in early stage.  Only
> > two-three products make use of it.
>
> … and two of those are TeX.  (Is there anything besides (parts of) MS
> Office, XɘTeX, & luaTeX that use OpenType Math?)

OpenType math support in MS Office is available as system library (or
whatever MS calls), as part of richedit version something.
(in Windows 7 there is that math input panel that use it to render its
formulas)

> <snip>
> > Even if this true, why so few people use ConTeXt? IMHO, ConTeXt is more
> > difficult to learn and use than LaTeX.
>
> What’s missing (at least, what I couldn’t find) is cshort (i.e., the
> ConTeXt equivalent to lshort).

"Context, an excursion: beginner's manual", right on the front page:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page

(Well it is a bit outdated, but since Hans considers MkIV a moving
target, its documentation is a bit scarce).

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny