[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation "initiative"

Atsuhito Kohda kohda at pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 10 10:02:09 CEST 2010

Hi Wilfred,

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 23:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:

> Thank you for the information. If I understand correctly
> from your mail, the pbibtex program uses an "extra" field
> called "yomi".

Yes, you are right.  Thanks for converting my broken
explanation into natural English.

> Does this mean that if I use a file with
> the "yomi" field and process with normal bibtex, the result
> will be an error?

IIRC, normal bibtex doesn't cause an error but only neglects
extra "yomi" field.

> It is too bad that pbibtex is a separate
> program - with xelatex you can process CJK files without
> problem, but you still need to think about the utilities.

Yes, indeed.  We tend to forget about the utilities like bibtex
and makeindex ;-)

> If I remember correctly there is also something like this
> in normal bibtex. For instance, my name "van Rooijen" can
> be sorted under "v" or "r", depending on preference, and
> as far as I remember you can set that somehow in bibtex.

I'm not so sure but I guess grouping with braces can help
bibtex to treat your name correctly, but might be wrong.

Regards,  	     	  	     2010-9-10(Fri)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>