[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation "initiative"

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 06:23:39 CEST 2010

Hi all,

It seems that there have been no replies to the list about Michiel's proposal to make a combined xe(la)tex reference manual and user manual. Personally I would be willing to contribute, but I am not an expert on xetex, rather a casual user with perhaps "advanced" experience of using latex for several types of (scientific) publications. Michiel, what exactly so you have in mind? A Xe(La)TeX Companion, i.e. similar to the latex companion but based on xelatex, and then expanded to include more references to xetex specific commands and programming?

I can see something like this: a user manual focusing on xelatex, typesetting of scientific works, bibtex and the associated front ends, hyperref etc, beamer to make presentations, TikZ (2D and 3D) to make figures, in short, something like a latex companion but modernized and expanded to include a reference manual.

Regards,
Wilfred van Rooijen