[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation "initiative"

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Wed Sep 1 11:07:44 CEST 2010

Hi all,

based on some of the talks in the documentation thread, I was wondering
if I could suggest a documentation initiative. Michel Goosens had a stab
at chronicling XeTex it in 1996 with his "The XeTeX Companion" (which
has seen a few updates since, the last in January 2010) and Apostolos
Syropoulos was working on his own "The Annotatoed XeTeX Reference
Manual", with the last update in 2007 (if the generation date in the pdf
file is correct, Apostolos! =)

Would there be animo for combining both efforts to form a reference +
user guide work, or in reviving both as parallel but separate documents,
brought back up to date to reflect everything we can make Jonathan spill
about XeTeX and everything others have made XeTeX do that can be
considered something "people will do during their life with XeTeX"
(including common uses of common packages for which reading an entire
package manual -- like memoir's -- will be overkill)?

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com