[XeTeX] Strange hyphenation with polyglossia in French

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Oct 21 18:31:52 CEST 2010

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Mind that you don't even care to write your name properly. You write
>      (Webmaster, Ret'd)
> instead of using the proper
>      (Webmaster, Ret’d)
> with single quotation mark. You don't care to use “proper quotation
> marks” in the text you type.

There were no quotation marks in this part of the
test, Mojca; the symbol at which you were looking
was an apostrophe.

> Don't try to tell me that you would care
> enough to change the language when you would be typing foreign names.

If I can take the trouble to type my wife's name as
Âu Dương Lệ Khanh (which I do), I can most certainly
take the trouble to switch "code pages" whenever necessary.

** Phil.