[XeTeX] Localized XeLaTeX: was Greek XeLaTeX

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Oct 16 18:37:49 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 04:46:08PM +0100, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

> Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
> >"Once again people fell into the trap of believing the rules their
> >language is using are universal."
> >  -- Some wise person writing GNU gettext manual[1]
> >
> >[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_mono/gettext.html#Plural-forms
>
> Well, to be fair to Herb, he /was/ referring to SI
> ("Systeme Internationale") which (of course) his own
> country has not adopted, along with Burma and Liberia !

Not strictly his language, but lets the say the languages he is
subjected too. I know plenty of places in the world where metric system
is used and still nobody would naturally write 1mm in a native document

Even more, here in Egypt you can't use the western Arabic numbers in an
official paper as it is considered foreign numbers, you have to use the
eastern Arabic ones.

Regards,
 Khaled

--