[XeTeX] [texlive] opentype fonts from $TEXMFLOCAL

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Mar 25 11:41:54 CET 2010

Am Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:59:37 +0800 schrieb Diederick C. Niehorster:

> Hi All,
>
> Just yesterday I moved from miktex to texlive 2009 (fresh install,
> fully updated). I'm having trouble with XeTeX not detecting the
> opentype fonts i put in $TEXMFLOCAL
> (C:\texlive\texmf-local\fonts\opentype and underlying folders). I ran
> fc-cache on that folder with the --verbose switch. The first time i
> run it, it tells me it is caching the fonts in all the subdirectories,

Does "the subdirectories," also include the subdirectories
\texmf-local\fonts\opentype? Then I would find it odd that xetex
can't use them.

In miktex fc-cache/xetex use fonts.conf which is one of the trees in
fontconfig\config. Local directories can be added in
localfonts.conf.

I don't know how texlive is doing it, but I think it is also able to
use directories in texmf-trees beside the main font directory of
windows. I would search for such conf-files. You could also ask on
the texlive mailing list.

Ulrike Fischer