[XeTeX] [OS X TeX] Accented characters in Xe(La)TeX

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 01:06:31 CEST 2010

Hi Peter,

On 01/06/2010, at 8:41 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 01.06.2010 um 00:03 schrieb Ross Moore:
>
>> Now here's my variant of your example, with all font characters
>> showing correctly, and constructed where necessary.
>

> Ross,
>
> the correct code points are:
>
> 	[Ẅ]  1E84  LATIN CAPITAL LETTER W WITH DIAERESIS
> 	[ẅ]  1E85  LATIN SMALL LETTER W WITH DIAERESIS

Aaahh, yes, my mistake.

But in the coding of  \Undeclare...  the code-point location
is not actually used. These break the direct link between,
e.g. \"W, and *any* unicode point, as established by the
corresponding  \Declare.... command.
It is only there to make it easy to get the correct \Undeclare...
from that \Declare... command, by copy/paste.

(Clearly I didn't use copy/paste and made a small slip-up.)

What I really need now are 2 things:

   1.  an easy way to access variants for accents, according to
       whether they go over upper/lower-case letters;

   2.  a reliable way to work out how much to adjust the
       vertical position when  \set at accent  doesn't quite
       get it right --- e.g.  with the Venturis *** styles.

> (From Kermit's utf8.txt and according to UnicodeChecker.)
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete

Cheers,