[XeTeX] custom footnote rules w/ ednotes, polyglossia & bidi

talazem at fastmail.fm talazem at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 26 13:53:24 CEST 2010

Hello Alan,

Beautiful. Yes, it now works perfectly, and without any errors. Thank you so much.

Perhaps even more importantly in the long run, I have learnt a bit about making newcommands for the footnote rules. In order for me to further this education on my own, where would I have had to look to know about how to write commands such as:
	\makeatletter
	\newcommand\lftfootnoterule{\left at footnoterule}
	\newcommand\rtfootnoterule{\right at footnoterule}
	\newcommand{\SelectAnoteRule}{[1]{rt}}
	\makeatother

In the LaTeX Companions 2nd ed? In the TeXBook? In the manyfoot, bigfoot, or ednotes documentation? It was those commands in particular I knew I had to define, but I had no idea how (i.e. the form or the content), or how to cause them to interact with Bidi.

In any case, the practical problem has been solved. Many thanks to both of you, Alan and Vafa!

Kind regards,
Talal