[XeTeX] too many unprocessesed floats

Jens Bakker jbakker at uni-bonn.de
Thu Feb 25 11:57:40 CET 2010

Hi Wilfred,

Thank you very much for your information, which is very usefull for
me. The purpose of using the newline command so often was, that I want
to  reproduce exactly the lines of a certain manuscript to facilitate
the process of comparing the text with that of the manuscript once
again while collating it with other versions. I also wanted to asign
linenumbers to see if there are difficulties in using them, and I
noticed that to begin a new paragraph with a skip between the new and
the previous paragraph means, that to the resulting empty line there
is a linenumber assigned.

To avoid this, i. e. to achieve that only lines with text and not
empty lines are counted by linenumbers, I did not introduce new
paragraphs which resulted in the respective problem that I could not
solve. Now I enclosed every text which corresponds to a page in the
mentioned manuscript in a \begin{linenumbers} end{linenumbers}
environment and let the pagenumbering begin with \resetpagenumber once
again in each instance.

With best wishes,
Jens Bakker