[XeTeX] Low-level diagnostic ("fwrite") generated by XeTeX

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Feb 3 10:08:19 CET 2010

Am Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:00:26 +0000 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> Possible solutions: (a) make the WRITE_OUT macro do something
> friendlier than just calling FATAL_PERROR("fwrite") in the case
> of an error; or (b) have xetex check that the intended pdf
> destination is writable as part of its open_dvi_output function,
> before actually opening the pipe.

In the miktex implementation I get this message in such cases:

** ERROR ** Unable to open "test-utf8.pdf".

Output file removed.

Error 1 (driver return code) generating output;
file test-utf8.pdf may not be valid.
Transcript written on test-utf8.log.

(the first two lines are the output of xdvipdfmx).

--
Ulrike Fischer