[XeTeX] xetex is using an .ttf.ignore-font

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 14:30:51 CET 2010

** Ulrike Fischer [2010-12-29 14:05:18 +0100]:

> Am Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:58:28 +0000 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

>>> In my miktex 2.9. I have two version of asana-math:

>>> J:/MiKTeX2.9/fonts/truetype/public/asana-math/Asana-Math.ttf.ignore
>>> and
>>> J:/MiKTeX2.9/fonts/opentype/public/asana-math/Asana-Math.otf

>>> Now in the following example xetex uses the .ttf.ignore while
>>> xdvipdfmx later uses the .otf which leads to a faulty pdf (a and
>>> alpha are replaced by b and beta).

>>> Obviously the point of the .ignore is that xetex ignores this font,
>>> so I'm wondering why it doesn't work as wanted.

>> fontconfig recognizes font files as such based on their content
>> (according to whether Freetype can handle them, actually), not
>> their filename.

> So the naming is actually senseless and it would be better if the
> file wheren't installed at all or in a folder which isn't searched
> (e.g. fonts/truetype.ignored/...).
Only if fontconfig doesn't search in that directory. Though I'm not sure
if it searches TL font directories (truetype or opentype) so that
xelatex can use ttf and otf fonts distributed with TL.

> Is the ttf also in texlive in a similar folder or is this is a
> miktex specific solution?
Almost, (TL2010):
$TEXLIVE_ROOT/texmf-dist/fonts/{truetype,opentype}/public/Asana-Math/Asana-Math.{ttf,otf}

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
If you wish women to love you, be original; I know a man who wore fur
boots summer and winter, and women fell in love with him.