[XeTeX] xetex is using an .ttf.ignore-font

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Dec 29 14:56:06 CET 2010

Am Wed, 29 Dec 2010 21:30:51 +0800 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:

>>> fontconfig recognizes font files as such based on their content
>>> (according to whether Freetype can handle them, actually), not
>>> their filename.
>
>> So the naming is actually senseless and it would be better if the
>> file wheren't installed at all or in a folder which isn't searched
>> (e.g. fonts/truetype.ignored/...).

> Only if fontconfig doesn't search in that directory.

In miktex fontconfig (which is a miktex specific fontconfig)
searches fonts/type1, fonts/truetype and fonts/opentype in all
texmf-trees.

> Though I'm not sure
> if it searches TL font directories (truetype or opentype) so that
> xelatex can use ttf and otf fonts distributed with TL.

You could test with \XeTeXtracingfonts=1 with various fonts. The
log-file should tell you where the xetex of texlive gets the font
file from.

>> Is the ttf also in texlive in a similar folder or is this is a
>> miktex specific solution?

> Almost, (TL2010):
> $TEXLIVE_ROOT/texmf-dist/fonts/{truetype,opentype}/public/Asana-Math/Asana-Math.{ttf,otf}

This means that the .ignore thing is miktex specific (and as I just
tested: it helps with luatex/mkluatexfontdb). Moving the font to
fonts/truetype.ignore seems to work for both engines.

--
Ulrike Fischer